At R&M Metal Finishing, as a metal coating specialist, we proudly provide a diverse range of A-class powder coating services. These all of which offer the highest levels of performance. Not only this, having worked with a variety of projects all over the country, we truly understand the importance of quality when it comes to powder coating applications. Consequently, this is why we have invested heavily in our facilities and processes over the years. As a result, you can rely on our A class powder coating company to deliver the excellence that your projects and applications deserve.
Powder Coating Benefits
- Provides components/surfaces with a layer of protection against corrosion, scratches, and chippings
- More environmentally friendly than traditional “wet” paints
- Can achieve a uniform coverage
- Highly durable
- Easy to maintain
As an IATF 16949 accredited company, we take pride in maintaining a high standard of powder coating for not just our automotive customers, but everyone who comes to us. We are committed to providing A-Class powder coating services to meet a vast assortment of applications and requirements. By ensuring our processes and procedures are thorough, flexible and pioneered to meet the highest of standards. We can also make sure our powder coating solutions are backed. This is especially with powerful and long-standing performances every time.
How Do We Do It?
So that we can maintain our reputation for being one of the most reputable powder coating companies in the UK, we have set procedures that allow us to deliver high-quality solutions. What is the powder coating process?
1.To begin with, components or parts that need to be powder coated will enter the ‘dual cleaning zone’. As part of the pretreatment process, this zone accommodates many differing cleaning requirements. Especially for all the different parts that may need cleaning beforehand. Pretreatment is a vital aspect of powder coating. This is because it ensures that the surface is clean and free from dirt, residue, or existing treatments. It provides a clean surface to powder coat onto.
Without pre-treatment, the powder coat may not adhere properly to the surface. It can therefore have a negative impact on the coating’s performance and lifespan. Additionally, creating a uniform coating all over the component can be tricker with a surface that has not been pre-treated first. Our ‘dual cleaning’ section gives the operators the process controls to dial in the specific treatment required to support ‘just in time’ production associated with the automotive supply chain.
2. The second part of the process is the wholly unique system developed by RM Metal Finishing. It is the inclusion of a TriCat Zinc Phosphate on a continuous line. This enhances the corrosion resistance performance. It has been specially designed to meet the stringent requirements of one of the major Japanese OEMs that we work with. This world-class solution has allowed us to evolve and expand quickly, with the ability to be able to support other OEMs that have similar requirements.
3. The final and highly significant line of our powder coating process line is the ‘dual zoned’ cure oven. This facilitates the curing of both heavy and light gauge materials at constant production rates to ensure the consistency of both pre-treatment and powder coating conditions, and as a result, optimises all aspects of the product quality.
R&M Metal Finishing | A Class Powder Coating Company
By going the extra mile with our powder coating services, we set out to achieve A-Class powder coating with each and every project we take on board. Want more information about our processes? Get in touch today by calling 01384266022 to speak to a metal coating specialist today. Our helpful and friendly team will be happy to help.
Also, check out our previous blog posts on OEE Rating | What Is It And How Does It Work?